Saturday, January 29, 2011

EDLD 5301 - Week 3 Reflection

This week the grindstone turned a bit harder. We were challenged to finally nail down a research topic and begin to draft a plan to implement this research project. Up until this point I was still pretty wishy-washy on exactly what I wanted to do. After talking with my Intern Supervisor on the phone we decided on a plan of action. She helped me narrow my focus and find a research topic that was manageable in a reasonable time frame and with resources I had available to me. Although I really wanted to focus on the blended learning classroom we both thought that this plan of action was the stepping stone to seeing that dream come to fruition. Although not a total blended learning classroom in such terms, this project will begin the process of using technology to help deliver course content in an effective manner. Hopefully upon completion of this research plan, other research can be done on a more broad scale. I know research done in two 4th grade classrooms isn't going to change the way our curriculum department sees technology, but it is a start to the process of implementing change. After working through the planning template and setting action items in place I am energized about this project and hope to be successful.

1 comment:

smith said...

Shelley,
What sort of technology tools are you looking to use? Also, when you are doing your pretest, is there a way to test the students to see how efficient they are with the technology? When trying to start something new like this it would be interesting to know how much time is spent on trying to integrate the technology and how much time is being spent on the teaching. I always thought that trying to integrate technology or a major change like this midyear could present other difficulties as students need time to get used to a schedule. Best of luck with your plan.