I participated in the ELED 5306 - Cohort 17 Required Web Conference for Week 2. The conference was facilitated by Dr. Abshire.
Once we managed our way through the technical aspect of getting everyone's microphones and video cameras working and linked, then trying to turn off the microphones, it was a productive meeting. There were several classmates on the conference and it went quite smoothly. Dr. Absire shared some important information about what to expect in the class and upcoming course work, as well as some information about the Internship process. I found the web conference very helpful. It let me get a feel for Dr. Absire and her personality, something that a web-based class doesn't usually afford you the opportunity for. Knowing your professor is half the battle.
I also found it interesting to see some of the other class members "face-to-face." Although there wasn't much conversation between classmates, other than the few questions that came up in the Chat Log, it was good to get a feel for who my cohorts were. We got a feel for how everyone else was feeling about the class so far. Glad to know I'm not the only one who was feeling a little overwhelmed. During the conference we decided to create a facebook page and group to help us collaborate a little more outside of the Epic Bulletin Board. This was set up before the conference was over, and has already become a useful tool for me.
I look forward to the upcoming web conferences that I will be able to attend. Many of them are on Thursday evenings, and I have a standing commitment on Thursdays. I am going to try to make as many web conferences as possible. If I can't attend in person, I will be viewing the recorded sessions later.
No comments:
Post a Comment